Hi all
I had an install on 11th September, the batteries and Inverter are outside.
12x Trina 450w PV
3x Fox EP6 Plus (5.7kW)
Fox inverter H1-3.7-E-G2-WL
Project EV car charger
The batteries have heaters, can I control the on/off time and temperature, if so how? I can't see anything in the Fox Dashboard.
The inverter says it is limited to 3.7kW, the PV array is 5.4kW what happens to the surplus generated? e.g. even though the setting in the Fox Dashboard is 3.7 the array often shows more!
Cheers
Keith
First of all Keith, congrats on your new install.
Bookmark Will's channel here https://www.youtube.com/@iameccles/videos
Your how to turn on and schedule heating here... if you do not see the controls, let us know (as it depends on firmware)
Some inverters can handle more than their rating, in your case 3.7kW, I think it's often 150%-200% of the rating. I cannot say for sure about your inverter, but you can look up the spec sheet to let you know. With some inverters, they pass the excess power into the battery if there is room to 'mop' up the excess PV.
For example, I have 6.16kWp worth of PV, with a 3.9kW export limit. When the PV is above the export limit in 'Feed-in' work mode, the excess is stored in the battery.
It might pay you to open your FoxCloud2.0 App, look at 'Device' bottom of screen, and open each component.
When you click on the serial number, below each icon, you can pull up a FW version page, post what your Inverter/Battery has.
I am sure you will have many questions yet to come.
Bookmark Will's channel here https://www.youtube.com/@iameccles/videos
Your how to turn on and schedule heating here... if you do not see the controls, let us know (as it depends on firmware)
Some inverters can handle more than their rating, in your case 3.7kW, I think it's often 150%-200% of the rating. I cannot say for sure about your inverter, but you can look up the spec sheet to let you know. With some inverters, they pass the excess power into the battery if there is room to 'mop' up the excess PV.
For example, I have 6.16kWp worth of PV, with a 3.9kW export limit. When the PV is above the export limit in 'Feed-in' work mode, the excess is stored in the battery.
It might pay you to open your FoxCloud2.0 App, look at 'Device' bottom of screen, and open each component.
When you click on the serial number, below each icon, you can pull up a FW version page, post what your Inverter/Battery has.
I am sure you will have many questions yet to come.
Hi Thanks for the reply
Inverter: Batteries:
Keith
Inverter: Batteries:
Keith
Attachments:
Here is a post from Will with the firmware master list (regular updates)
viewtopic.php?p=8069#p8069
Post of mine for release notes from Fox (sadly they are woefully out of date 23/03/2026)
viewtopic.php?p=12685#p12685
As your batteries are external, I highly recommend you look into placing a cover over if possible, with insulation if you can. During Winter when you need the power, it will let you down by slow charge/discharge rates.
viewtopic.php?p=8069#p8069
Post of mine for release notes from Fox (sadly they are woefully out of date 23/03/2026)
viewtopic.php?p=12685#p12685
As your batteries are external, I highly recommend you look into placing a cover over if possible, with insulation if you can. During Winter when you need the power, it will let you down by slow charge/discharge rates.
Hi
What do I do with the firmware list?
It shows latest updates but not why they were updated, so I don't know whether they would be beneficial to me to set the battery heating function.
Keith
What do I do with the firmware list?
It shows latest updates but not why they were updated, so I don't know whether they would be beneficial to me to set the battery heating function.
Keith
I have an EP11, it was on v1.011 until a day ago, it is now running v1.013.
What changed for me was the temperature ranges that I could set the system to warm up from/to.
I had a much older firmware, that had a comical temperature range, -40°C to +50°C
v1.011 has Start temp 1°C to 9°C End temp 10°C to 15°C
v1.013 has Start temp 1°C to 16°C End temp 10°C to 20°C
As mentioned before, sadly changelog notes are basically non-existent for now. They are due to be updated soonish, but that's still an open ended date.
What changed for me was the temperature ranges that I could set the system to warm up from/to.
I had a much older firmware, that had a comical temperature range, -40°C to +50°C
v1.011 has Start temp 1°C to 9°C End temp 10°C to 15°C
v1.013 has Start temp 1°C to 16°C End temp 10°C to 20°C
As mentioned before, sadly changelog notes are basically non-existent for now. They are due to be updated soonish, but that's still an open ended date.
I'm on the desktop app, having seen the mobile app on another install the desktop is severely lacking in operability with some options completely missing.
So. I tried to set up the mobile app on my phone, it has downloaded OK and runs.
I started to enter the various devices which I can to a certain extent then it blocks, saying serial number "already registered on another plant" "email address already in use" etc.
Any suggestions?
So. I tried to set up the mobile app on my phone, it has downloaded OK and runs.
I started to enter the various devices which I can to a certain extent then it blocks, saying serial number "already registered on another plant" "email address already in use" etc.
Any suggestions?
If your plant was already active, then you should just login to the mobile app with your existing credentials used on the website.
One of the problems was that the password for the desktop app contained characters that were not accepted on the mobile app, so I couldn't log in.
Totally bonkers but an annoying fact.
I had included > and ' neither were accepted on the mobile app.
I've just had a thought:
Change the password on the desktop app to suit
Totally bonkers but an annoying fact.
I had included > and ' neither were accepted on the mobile app.
I've just had a thought:
Change the password on the desktop app to suit
I got the mobile app working and found that you can upgrade the various firmware yourself
Just click on the inverter icon on the home page and it opens with a list of firmware and if there are updates, just click the update button and they install.
It took 5 mins or so
Just click on the inverter icon on the home page and it opens with a list of firmware and if there are updates, just click the update button and they install.
It took 5 mins or so
Yes that's in another one of Will's videos
It would be good to bookmark/like/subscribe to his channel
https://www.youtube.com/@iameccles
Only the battery cannot be (yet) upgraded via App, so if yours needs it, then you have to email Fox (or contact installer)
It would be good to bookmark/like/subscribe to his channel
https://www.youtube.com/@iameccles
Only the battery cannot be (yet) upgraded via App, so if yours needs it, then you have to email Fox (or contact installer)
I've have found the battery warm up in the settings (mobile app), so it looks like its go on that.
Wondering what would be a reasonable temperature setting?
Wondering what would be a reasonable temperature setting?
The range you set will depend on what firmware is loaded, and to a greater extent... personal preference.
If you are still behind, then might be worth getting that upgraded before Winter.
Not sure what version you are rocking on your battery, let us know. EDIT: it's v1.012, I have noticed earlier post.MaterialBarracuda48 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:34 pm v1.011 has Start temp 1°C to 9°C End temp 10°C to 15°C
v1.013 has Start temp 1°C to 16°C End temp 10°C to 20°C
If you are still behind, then might be worth getting that upgraded before Winter.
Hi Keith,
More of an expanded reply.
You might want to fire off an email here service.uk@fox-ess.com
Tell them you have 3x EP6 batteries, and would like them to upgrade the firmware in them all.
Include just in case, your inverter SN, battery master SN and each battery slave SN (not sure if they need all, but saves back and forth)
When I was on v1.011, I set mine to 9°C and 15°C as per my own preference. The lower the battery temperature is, the more it struggles to supply power, the rate becomes limited. There is an older video from Will here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDAw0KAYvcE you can see a chart of how temperature affects the charge/discharge.
Now the biggest thing you can do, is insulate it! Given the choice of running the heater, or insulating it, the insulation beats it hands down. Not sure if they have fixed this, but on the older FW's for sure, you could not heat and charge at the same time. This becomes an issue if you have a limited cheap window to charge up the batteries.
So is your outside or in a garage?
More of an expanded reply.
You might want to fire off an email here service.uk@fox-ess.com
Tell them you have 3x EP6 batteries, and would like them to upgrade the firmware in them all.
Include just in case, your inverter SN, battery master SN and each battery slave SN (not sure if they need all, but saves back and forth)
When I was on v1.011, I set mine to 9°C and 15°C as per my own preference. The lower the battery temperature is, the more it struggles to supply power, the rate becomes limited. There is an older video from Will here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDAw0KAYvcE you can see a chart of how temperature affects the charge/discharge.
Now the biggest thing you can do, is insulate it! Given the choice of running the heater, or insulating it, the insulation beats it hands down. Not sure if they have fixed this, but on the older FW's for sure, you could not heat and charge at the same time. This becomes an issue if you have a limited cheap window to charge up the batteries.
So is your outside or in a garage?