Page 1 of 1

Tigo optimisers, TAP & CCA

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 7:58 am
by Grumps
Do people here who use Tigo optimisers also have the TAP & CCA installed to monitor individual panel performance?
Google tells me that Tigo increase your optimiser warranty from 5 to 25 years IF you install the CCA & TAP - but maybe that's a regional thing and not applicable to the UK market.

I have a Fox H1-G2 inverter, which I understand does NOT have an integrated Tigo data logger, so I would need to get the CCA.

Re: Tigo optimisers, TAP & CCA

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 2:51 pm
by Dave Foster
I have Tigo optimisers but no TAP/CCA, for my application its quite simple some panels are part shaded at certain points of the day which standard Tigo’s handle perfectly well. If you have a complex application or want to know exactly how each of your panels are performing over time you’ll need the TAP/CCA combo. You do get the extra warranty but as solid state devices they typically follow the bath tub curve and if they’re going to fail it’s on install or at the end of a long life.

Re: Tigo optimisers, TAP & CCA

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:40 pm
by Grumps
If an optimiser fails, does the whole string go down? I guess it might depend upon what the failure mode is.

I've just gone and ordered a TAP & CCA set. Not for the extra warranty, but just for fun!

Re: Tigo optimisers, TAP & CCA

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:41 pm
by Dave Foster
Grumps wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:40 pm If an optimiser fails, does the whole string go down? I guess it might depend upon what the failure mode is.
Yes, most likely is it would render the panel unusable, but it's always possible it could take out the string, but to be fair that could also happen with TAP/CCA the main difference being you would know why !

I'm sure having it will give you another toy to keep you busy :D